Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2-day Bootcamp for OpenStack™ - July 12-13, 2012
This two-day intensive course provides hands-on technical training for OpenStack™ Compute aimed at system administrators and IT professionals looking to get started on an OpenStack Cloud deployment. Each of the two days will consist of lecture, demos and group exercises.
Day 1 covers essentials of OpenStack Compute, from architecture to deployment and troubleshooting. Day 2 picks up where this left off, covering usage patterns and production operations, essential use cases for OpenStack Object Storage and advanced topics in virtualization and software defined networking.
- Comfortable with Linux CLI
- Good understanding of virtualization & hypervisors
- Some experience with Linux networking
By the end of this course, class participants will have learned:
1: OpenStack Overview & Architecture
- Project goals and use cases
- Ecosystem & History
- Functional Overview of Key components
- Architecture: logical architecture, components, topology, request flows
- Basic operating and deployment principles
2: Cloud Usage Patterns
- OpenStack codebase overview
- Operating from Web UI and CLI
- Administration overview
- How to create networks, tenants, roles
- Using the Nexenta Volume Driver
- Troubleshooting service failures
- Troubleshooting networking issues
3: OpenStack in Production
- Understand how to deploy OpenStack for real-world use
- Be able to plan OpenStack deployment
- Understand available deployment tools
- Practice OpenStack operation on multiple nodes
4: Swift Object Storage
- Swift use cases
- Architecture and capabilities
- Configuration and security
- Operations and Deployment
5: Advanced Topics
- Overview of Quantum and Software Defined Networking
- Deployment and issues workshop
- VMWare and OpenStack Comparison
- OpenStack Future Roadmap
Contact 1ECG for more information about training offerings.
4601 N Fairfax Drive
1ECG and Mirantis
1ECG, a leading technology consulting firm, was founded for the purpose of creating a customer-focused organization that addresses our clients’ most critical needs using a business-centric approach. We work with clients – government agencies, corporations, institutions, and not-profits organizations – to combine capabilities to find solutions and capture opportunities.
Mirantis is the leader in engineering services for OpenStack™ Cloud. The company houses one of the largest groups of engineers for OpenStack™ under one roof. We help middleware vendors, computer infrastructure companies and Fortune 1000 enterprises extract value from OpenStack™